Wednesday 10 February 2010

Coke vs Pepsi

While I've been busting my head researching logos for my Raw Material project, I came across the subject of a 'timeless logo'. We all know an effective logo should be timeless – that is, it will stand the test of time. But will the logo still be effective in 10, 20, 50 years?

Trends come and go, and when you’re talking about changing a pair of jeans, or buying a new dress, that’s fine, but where your brand identity is concerned, longevity is key.

Probably the best example of a timeless logo is the Coca-Cola logo. If you compare it to the Pepsi logo below, you can see just how effective creating a timeless logo can be. Notice how the Coca Cola logo has barely changed since 1885? That is timeless design!



And the worst part is, I've got to prove that my logo design for Raw Material is also timeless!

1 comment:

  1. Great example of timeless logo! I've enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete