Tuesday 26 January 2010

Stop Motion Animation Workshop

In this workshop we were reqiured to create a 30 second animation using the iMotion software on iMac. I must admit, I wasn't really a big fan of animation, but attending this workshop has definitely opened a new door for me in the world of design!

As a group, we used a wooden manakin for our animation. Coming up with a storyline didn't take too long as everybody had great ideas straight away. To create the animation, we used a camera and moved the manakin ever so slightly and took a picture every time we did so. It is a long process, which is the only downfall, but watching the final outcome just gives you a buzz!
I didn't believe it would appear effective at all, but the final outcome was so unique, fun and creative that I was craving for more and eventually downloaded the iMotion software for my iPhone!

Here are some images from the workshop (unfortunatley the video file is too large to upload, but we're working on getting that up on the blog):

No comments:

Post a Comment